Monday 24 October 2011

Tidying Up My Squidoo Lenses

I've come a long way since 2008 when I first made my initial Squidoo lenses. There was a discussion today on the squidu forum about people who didn't get accepted to the Giant Squids. I am one of them so I also posted. Some people looked over my lenses and the critique on my first lenses from 2008 were rather negative.

Swallowing my pride and ego, I went ahead and started a cleanup job on my lenses. Removed some older ones that were just taking up space and were junk, cleaned up a few others (improved titles, added some more modules, etc).

I hope that this update on my Squidoo lenses will help me become a Giant Squid next time. I know that 1-2 years ago the criteria for entering the GS was quite easy, but since then the Squidoo "masters" have tightened ship quite a lot, so the quality has a different meaning now.

Since (hopefully) I'm here for the long haul, I've decided to really play along and do the best work I can here.

For example one lens that I fixed up a bit was about gaming mouses. I'm am avid online gamer and PC gamer, and while waiting for Diablo 3 to arrive (still takes a couple of months), I've decided to review some of the mouses (mice) that I've had experience with.

I've added a better title to the lens, added a few extra modules and made it more appealing to the visitors. Hope it looks better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment