Thursday 20 October 2011

3 More Wizzley Pages Done

I've spent yesterday and today adding 3 more pages to Wizzley. One more to go and if all goes well, my nofollow backlinks to Squidoo and my site will become dofollow.

So what have I been busy writing about?

The second article was a fun fact finding mission for me. It's about tipping hairdressers. How much to tip them, when it's good to tip and then some other useful tips related to keeping your hairdresser if you really like her (or him). This was a fun Wizzley article to write, I truly had fun with it.

Then this morning I wrote about adding the Wizzley widget to a Wordpress blog. (You can see the widget right here in the previous post about joining Wizzley). The problem with this widget is that it's an iframe code, and Wordpress got rid of all iframe related code for various security reasons. So besically if you add this code to your Wordpress blog, upon publishing, you end with no widget on your blog at all. Btw, As you can see, Blogger blogs have not been affected by this.

So anyway I spent my morning creating a step by step tutorial, taking pictures and putting it all together as a Wizzley post. Hope some people will find it useful. Btw, with this solution you can add pretty much any iframe code to Wordpress, you are not restricted by Wizzley.

And finally this afternoon I wrote another fun article about meaning of eye colors, basically debunking this issue. So many people are trying to find the meanings to their eye colors and are taking online quizzes and reading article after article, and all this is crap really. The article looks at all this and tackles what the truth about eye color really is.

When I look at Wizzley compared to Squidoo, I have a feeling that somehow Squidoo lenses are more commercial in nature, they are more salesy, while Wizzley is more for writing information article. In a way it makes sense, since Adsense takes such a prominent place at Wizzley (we have our own accounts there entered in the preferences, and the money goes directly to our own Adsense payment). For example while at Squidoo I might have a long list of favorite books on a particular subjects, like my Best self-help books for women, I wouldn't do this type of article at Wizzley. But I guess I'll see as I go along and learn more about the Wizzley platform and way of doing things.


No comments:

Post a Comment