Tuesday 18 October 2011

Lensrank Update Late Today

Everyday the lensrank update for the Squidoo lenses happens at about the same time (at about 3pm my time). Today it's awfully late. Too late. Way too late. And I'm getting pretty annoyed. I've been pressing the Refresh button of my browser every couple of minutes - nothing, nada.

But why is the lensrank update so important? Well personally I like to start creating a new lens after the lensrank update (or way before that so I can actually publish it before the lensrank update happens).

The reason is that if you're still working on your lens or you haven't published it on time, once the update happens, the lens goes into WIP (not VIP) mode (which is work in progress), and it usually goes to a low rank of a million something. Dohhh. And this only means that it takes longer for it to come back up to higher ranking from the start.

So when I start working on a lens AFTER the lensrank update, then I have the whole evening and the next morning to craft away at it. Or if I'm in a good mood and I know well what I'm writing about, I can time myself well so that I do 2 lenses, one before lunch so I can publish it on time, and one after 3 pm.

So since now it's already 8 pm, I won't start on a lens anymore. Instead I'm blogging here and reading the Squidu forum.

With this in mind, here is my latest lens I've created yesterday on pendulum charts. If you like the subject of dowsing with a pendulum, this should be quite interesting to learn about (shown here is a dowsing board).

No comments:

Post a Comment