Wednesday 12 October 2011

Designer Jewelry - My Favorite Topic

I am a jewelry maker / designer by heart making handmade sterling silver jewelry and I love working with sterling silver and semiprecious gems. I don't always have the time to create, and this is when I like to peruse new designs, new jewelry or learn about new stones.

I thought I knew everything about tourmaline but it turns out I was wrong. I didn't know there are so many different types of them out there!

One of the types I got in love with (it's a rare type from what I understood, very treasured by collectors) is the watermelon tourmaline. It's amazing just how gorgeous this stone is with the 3 colors, green, white and pink. Truly awesome!

I wrote about it on a Squidoo lens called watermelon tourmaline jewelry and I showcased some of the beautiful pieces I found. I haven't worked with this type of tourmaline yet, but guess what I'll be next hunting at Ebay when I find a good price for it...

Just look at this beauty here for example...

No comments:

Post a Comment