Thursday 27 October 2011

On Polishing Rocks And Jewelry

As a jewelry artist, I keep gravitating around the subjects of jewelry and semiprecious gems. Today I took a second look at how to polish rocks and jewelry. The two are not the same, even though initially it might seem so.

Polishing silver is all about tarnished silver cleaning, which means cleaning the final pieces of jewelry (or other silver objects) from that dark urgly layer of deposit that occurs after a while due to the interaction with oxygen.

On the other hand, polishing stones is about taking rough stones (pebbles from the seaside, or rocks from the mountain, those kinds of rocks) and polishing them to a nice shine. Usually rockhounds are searching for beautiful rough rocks, polish them, even cab them (create cabochons out of them) and then sell them to jewelry designers - or keep them for themselves in case they make jewelry as well.

So here is the article I wrote on How to polish stones on Wizzley.

I've noticed that it takes me about the same amount of time to write one lens at Squidoo as it takes me to write 2-3 pages at Wizzley. It's so darn easy writing at Wizzley, and such fun. The tarnished silver cleaning article took on quite an interesting layout with all those moved up, down, left and right modules. I love the side-by-side modules, sadly Squidoo doesn't have this option. I think Hubpages does have it too, but I personally don't like to write there.

At Wizzley I have currently 14 pages and counting. And I've only started there a week ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment