Tuesday 25 October 2011

Are You Good With Making Things By Hand?

I like doing crafts, from making jewelry to handmade greeting cards, to bookmarks, polishing gemstones. While I"m a lazy person in general, I'm quite good with some crafts.

Of course this is why I've added a few lenses related to my hobbies, either to showcase some of my works or teach others how to do what I also do.

For example my last lens is on learning how to make a bookmark for a book. My main passion in life is reading books and of course with that many books, I need some bookmarks. While I do buy at times bookmarks and I also trade with other book lovers from all over the world, over time I've also made bookmarks on my own.

It'\s really not difficult and it can be a fun activity when you have kids as well. The lens shows various types of bookmarks that you can make, from simple printing out bookmark templates, to bookmarks make of wood, origami bookmarks, and beaded bookmarks, it's all there. As a jewelry artist, making beaded bookmarks is something I like doing a lot.

Another craft I used to be interested in (sadly not anymore because I simply don't have the time for it) is parchment craft. If you've never heard of it, then head over to the lens called Pergamano - Parchment craft and check out some of the works I've done. Hint, it's about making beautiful handmade greeting cards with vellum paper. Totally awesome stuff!

And of course, making jewelry is another hobby of mine, but I've already mentioned that here in the Designer Jewelry post.

Are you doing any crafts with your hand? It's not only an awesome way to spend your time but it can be also very rewarding and relaxing. Sometimes when I make some piece of jewelry or another, I don't even realize the time flies. I'm somewhere else, in another place, zoned out I guess. And yet, before I know it, the jewelry piece is finished and especially in these cases it turns out to be a real winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment