Thursday 29 December 2011

New Hobby On Collecting Coins

A friend of mine got recently interested in collecting coins. I didn't know much about it until he's started hammering it all in my head - I guess he is too excited and has to share everything he's learning along the way.

So without actually going into a new hobby, I've been 'forced' to learn a bit about collecting coins. I've seen first hand what one needs to get started and how to best go about it (well second-hand, really, through my friend).

This gave me the idea to use that new-found knowledge in a few lenses that I created yesterday on coin collections.

I've written about the most useful coin collection books that one needs to get started, and about the basic numismatic supplies that is best to have (my friend has all of these). I tied these nicely together with a Wizzley article on how to start your own coin collection. I hope my knowledge of numismatics will come in handy to somebody who is thinking of picking up a new hobby in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment