Saturday 3 December 2011

Lens Reworking Experiment

Following my previous post on getting some of my bad lenses to gain some traction, here is my very first experiment.

Lens: Learning to Counsel
Stats: last one in my list, right at the bottom with rank 234,425, which is a clear lens T4
Got this lens as a gift from somebody in the Squidu forum who didn't need it anymore.

What I did: 
- Changed the title from Learn to Counsel to Learning to Counsel
- Added the changed keyword sprinkled throughout the lens
- Added a few related keywords
- Changed 'counsellor' to 'counselor' since I targed the US segment
- Added several modules, a poll module, an extra text list module, 2 social bookmarking modules, a lens like module, and a few Amazon product feature modules, and moved the Amazon ones towards the top. Also added a link list of online sources dealing with counseling and learning to counsel.
- Featured it in the squidu forum in the proper thread for an innocent little backlink and hopefully a visit or two

Let's see if any of these help the lens go up in rankings.

No comments:

Post a Comment