Tuesday 1 November 2011

I Love Herbs and their Natural Healing Properties

I remember as a kid I used to go to the nearby forest (we lived about a mile from the start of the forest, at the beautiful Carpathian mountains) and gather all sorts of herbs, starting from wild chamomile, various types of mint, and even a few types of mushrooms while I was there.

I was drying the herbs, then mixing various types together to make interesting blends of herbs for teas. I was even drying the cherry tails and strawberry leaves - they are making some wonderful smelling teas.

I'm living in Cyprus now, so if I want to get some herbs, I have to go to the supermarket and buy them there. Not the same experience, let me tell you.

Just yesterday I wrote a lens on my favorite herbs for relaxation, adding my top 5 preferred herbs, lemon balm (melissa), passion flower, chamomile, lavender and valerian root. These are some great herbs that help with relaxation, stress relief and even insomnia. I love especially making herbal teas from them, but some, like lavender are also used as essential oils in aromatherapy or natural perfumery, or even at a Reiki session with a Reiki therapist.

No comments:

Post a Comment