Thursday 18 April 2013

What I've Been Up To Lately At Squidoo

I haven't written in ages, lots have happened, some good, some not so good. Basically the last few months Squidoo lost a lot of traffic from Google, so overall our traffic and sales went down quite a lot. Mine is still slowly sliding, but I hope at some point it will start climbing again.

Squidoo is really doing a heavy spring cleaning trying to get rid of some of the spam that brought the site down overall. Also they've started really handing out lots of Purple Stars, I guess to encourage us to make more great lenses. I got about 4-5 the last few weeks as well. Granted, that Purple doesn't replace our lost sales or traffic, but it is a motivator to keep going.

Here are a few lenses that I made the last few weeks, these are all new, since the spring cleaning.

The very last lens written yesterday is about my favorite top science-fiction books. I love reading books, and this genre is one of my most favorites.

I also love reading books for kids, and classics will always remain classics. How about these classic children's books made into movies?

And going back to books, one of the genre I like best is related to mystery.thriller with a CSI aspect. So I've written a lens about the best forensic fiction written ever, from my point of view.

I wrote more, but these are the last three. Now let's see if Google will actually pick them up as fast as they used to do with lenses before the big drop.

3 comments:

  1. I'm in that site as well but I hardly use it. too time consuming for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting I appreciate the time you took to read and reply. Please let me know way you'd like to keep reading about on my blog. Im a new blogger just two months in. Im open to critiques thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was on Squidoo as well, but in the 2 last years somebody did destroy it, using some foolish filters, taking down the best lenses, keeping tasteless, commercial ones......now Hub took it over, saving the remaining people. What surprised me that the Squidoo filters took down many lenses which were very well positioned on Google, Yahoo, Squidoo having very different point of view about quality and this fact made me having doubts about their good intents. Anyway, pity that the great work of Seth got destroyed.

    ReplyDelete