Friday 12 October 2012

Last Halloween Lens This Year And Sad News

I've just received some sad news from my mom this morning, my grandma died in her sleep last night at the age of 86. Sadly I can't go to the funeral as I'm living in another country and across the sea, so it's not so easy. My parents are going, however.

This morning I started on a Halloween lens for a Giant Halloween Quest, but as I found the news about my grandmother, I scraped that lens and started a new one. It's a fun one about Grandma Halloween costumes, and I dedicated this lens to my granny.

So strange, today I've seen and heard several mentions of 'grandmas' during the day, at some point the church bells went off without any real reason (there was no wedding, or funeral or christening around here), then I saw an ad in the TV about food that grandma used to do, then I also so another Squidoo lens by another lensmaster with something related to grandmas. Most probably it's nothing, maybe I was just more sensitive to the whole 'grandparent' idea and I took more notice on things that usually I wouldn't.

Anyway I don't think this lens will have time to do anything this year since it won't get any tier payment the first month of creation, and unless it gets picked up by Google and visited by searchers on the net, it won't make sales. But it's ok, it will do next year. In the meantime I just felt that I had to do something while mourning my grandma today. While the costumes are rather silly and some ugly and scary, I know my grandma would have smiled (or made a cross) when looking at them. Rest in peace grandma.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. I believe you will see your grandma again someday. May you find comfort through this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete